The Domaine was founded in 1919 at Gevrey-Chambertin and is currently run by Jean-Louis Trapet who has been intensely involved in studying and applying biodynamic principles, converting the company and certifying it Biodyvin in 1998. In the 1990s, The company was subject to a split following a succession of cousins, which reduced the vineyard estate, remaining in absolute value with a total of 15 hectares, of which 1.9 in Chambertin Grand Cru, 0.75 hectares in Latricières -Chambertin Grand Cru with old vineyards dating to 1938 and 0.60 hectare in Chapelle-Chambertin Grand Cru.
Jean-Louis Trapet is a vigneron with a great sensitivity, which is found in its elegant and refined wines.
The grapes are separated from the rasp for 30% and then chopped for about 8 days. It follows a long fermentation of one month at 32 ° C. The refinement is made in new wood for 30% on the villages and for 75% in the 1er cru and Grand Cru for a duration of 15/18 months. Jean-Louis is helped by his wife Andrée and her parents, proud supporters his son's work that had been able to make the leap of quality at the Domaine, currently at the absolute summit of Burgundy.