Chianti Classico Riserva Monte Bernardi 2021
Serve at: 14°-16°C
Glass type

Chianti Classico Riserva Monte Bernardi 2021

Tax included

Monte Bernardi Riserva is produced from grapes from the old vineyards, over 40 years of age, which have their roots in that of Panzano, on soils rich in Galestro and Alberese.

95% Sangiovese with Canaiolo for the remaining 5%. Macerates and ferments in cement and steel on indigenous yeasts for about 23 days. Malolactic fermentation is carried out in wood, between large German and Austrian barrels, where the wine rests for 18 to 24 months.

Monte Bernardi

Monte Bernardi

Michael Schmelzer arrives in Panzano in Chianti in 2003, known as a cru of the classic area, and manages to establish himself as one of the best interpreters of Chianti. Michael manages to express the absolute quality of the territory in the bottle, living in harmony between the land and the environment. Of the 53 hectares owned, only 10 are vineyards, of which 5 were planted over 40 years ago. The sandstone, marl and alberese soils are south facing, at an altitude of 350m above sea level. and surrounded by woods, they benefit from the nearby river Pesa. Spontaneous grassing is left in alternating rows, the fertilizers are natural and biodynamic preparations are used. In fact, the company has been certified organic since 2004 and has always been conducted according to the principles of biodynamics. The grapes all come from their own vineyards, fermentations on indigenous yeasts and do not undergo any filtration or clarification.

Winery products

Related products

Customers who bought this product also bought:

Product added to wishlist
Product added to compare.