Bramaterra Colombera & Garella 2019
Serve at: 14°-16°C
Glass type

Bramaterra Colombera & Garella 2019

Tax included

Colombera & Garella winery's Bramaterra DOC is largely made from Nebbiolo grapes (70%), and for the remaining 30% we have Croatina, Rara and Vespolina grapes. The vineyards are those located in the municipality of Masserano, at an altitude of 350 meters above sea level with southeast/southwest exposure.

The soils consist mainly of porphyritic sands of volcanic origin. The vines are trained to the classic guyot system and the yield is about 35 quintals/hectare.

The grapes are selected in the vineyard and, after destemming-crushing, fermentation is classic and spontaneous and conducted without temperature control. Pumpovers and delestage are performed, followed by malolactic fermentation.

Aging is prolonged for about 3 years of which 24 months are dedicated to aging in wood (6000-liter barrels are used). Before bottling, aging in cement is also planned.

Three Senses

If mainly vegetal notes stand out on the nose, in the mouth, Colombera & Garella's Bramaterra proves fine, with hints of the vegetable world but in perfect balance. With a well-marked final tannin, it is characterized by an excellent persistence.

Soc. Agr. Colombera & Garella s.s. - Masserano

Colombera & Garella

The Colombera & Garella winery is located in northern Piedmont, in Masserano. The vineyards, totaling 9,5 hectares, are divided among the municipalities of Lessona, Masserano and Roasio. The most widely used grape varieties are native ones, such as Nebbiolo, Croatina and Nespolina, and the wines produced belong to three DOCs: Lessona DOC, Bramaterra DOC and Coste della Sesia DOC.

In the vineyard, only sustainable interventions that respect the environment and the land are used. In the cellar, too, the approach can be defined as non-interventionist and the wines evolve following their natural maturation.

The first signs of the birth of the Colombera & Garella winery came when, in 1992, Carlo and Michela bought Cascina Cottignano, in Masserano, with its vineyards. Carlo leaves his job to devote himself to viticulture.
In 2003 there is the first planting of a new vineyard near the farmhouse and, over the years, acquisitions grow with new vineyards in the municipalities of Roasio, Lessona...
In 2010 the Colombera & Garella project began, and in 2018 work began on the construction of the new winery.

Winery products

Related products

Product added to wishlist
Product added to compare.